I’ve never really liked Hyper Terminal (the communications program bundled with windows) when it comes to serial communications. Thus I decided to write something specifically for programmers / engineers to make serial communications easy.
What I like about serialWizz:
- No need to create a new connection every time you open the program
- All the settings is always visible
- You can copy and paste commands and send the whole string at once, or use it as a normal terminal and type letter by letter
- The last commands used will be saved and can be selected by a drop down menu
- “Loop Transmit” option very helpful when playing with something to see when it will “come alive”
- “Hidden characters” can be shown as Hex values
- Option to add a date stamp to received data
- Handy serial pinout and ASCII table for quick reference
- and lots more!
SerialWizz is very much a beta version, so please give us feedback!
Screenshot of SerialWizz